March 7, 2009

Bottle Shock

I am very ashamed at how long it has taken me to add a post to this blog. We have tried so many wonderful wines over the last couple of months and even attended a super fun wine tasting, so there has been no shortage of things to write about. There is no excuse. I pledge to try to be better.
I must rave about a great wine movie we saw recently. Bottle Shock is about a wine shop owner who in 1976 decided have a blind tasting competition in France to see if the new California wines could compete with the French. It is a really good movie and I recommend it to anyone who loves wine. Occasionally the owners of the inn Anthony works for will give him a bottle of wine for a gift. We were excited to note that one of the wines we were given is from the winery that won the competition. Stag's Leap Wine Cellars won for their 1973 Cabernet Sauvignon. Anthony hasn't let us open our bottle yet. Rent it! It's a good movie!
This is the wine aerator that my parents gave Anthony for Christmas and he loves it! 'When wine is poured in the vinturi, its design creates an increase in the wine's velocity and a decrease in its pressure. This pressure difference draws in air, which is mixed with wine for perfect aeration.' I would suggest it for anyone who drinks a fair amount of wine and appreciates a good glass. It even comes with a little stand and a bag to carry it in. My dad has one too. You like yours, right Dad? :)

No comments: