August 30, 2009

San Polo Mezzopane Sant' Antimo DOC 2004


Anthony finally brought home some wines for us to try. I was excited. And once again he didn't let me down. The first one we tried is a blend of 65% Merlot and 35% Sangiovese and is from Montalcino, which is in the Tuscany region of Italy. It is a dark, earthy wine, which Anthony, and I have found that I, really enjoys. I am definitely finding that I prefer the Old World Wines over the New World Wines and this is a perfect example of that. I can sense the cherry in the bouquet but it is by no means 'fruity' and has a fine, tanniny taste. It has a pleasant, clean finish which doesn't linger in your mouth but does make you want more. I think this might be one of my favorite things about it. I think I could definitely drink this one often - if it wasn't so spendy.


No comments: