June 17, 2009

Via Vecchia Winery

I'm seething with jealousy right now. As I write this, Anthony is visiting Via Vecchia Winery in Powell, Ohio. This winery boasts that it produces wine the 'old way'. They don't add any chemicals, any lab-created yeasts or sugars, colorings, enzymes, preservatives and only minimal sulfites. They say for filtration of the wine, they rely on sedimentation and the Moon! :) Interesting, huh?! They offer 4 red wines and I am really excited to try them. Hopefully he'll be decent enough to at least bring some back!
This is their website. They also have a blog called We Stomp which would lead one to wonder - do they actually stomp?? Because that would be so cool to see! And even more awesome to participate in! Looks like a very interesting little operation and one I'm hoping to get a chance to see for myself sometime soon!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So, do they stomp??? And how does the moon filter the wine. Gravitational pull? All these wines sound so good. You'll have to do a review of the wine dad made, Jonathan and I have really been enjoying drinking it. I think it is pretty good!

Becky said...

Yes! I guess they do!! We should find out about signing up. I guess you can do it with them. Terry and Ellen are planning to go. We should tag along! :)
Oh, and the filtering has something to do with the tides and the moon. A can give us the whole shpeal when you're here. :)